Us at 26 weeks.
As full of good intentions as I was at the beginning to get a regular photo, in the same place, wearing the same clothes throughout this pregnancy, circumstances have moved against me and I surrender. I'm to go with the flow in all things apparently -- including my belly photos. We're now 28 weeks (still going on my own calculations as the doctor has been no help in this area) so I will take a new photo this weekend and post our new stats then.
1. Maternity bras are a LOT more comfortable than regular ones when you're pregnant.
2. Maternity clothes are really expensive so you should make every chance of going to the op shop (thrift store) when you can.
3. I have to admit, I'm bummed the second trimester 'feel good' hormones only lasted me about 2 months in full before I hit the third trimester and now feel something akin to a whale at times...
4. ...especially when the child does the stiff-as-a-board position (oh aren't we going to have fun with tantrums?!) when I need to get from a sitting to standing position and can't without someone helping me up.
5. I also have to admit -- I had no idea of my capacity for burping or gas. Nor how much food I could consume in a day. Nor had I any idea my body was so in tune with what nutrients it needs and when (never before has the first thought in my head upon waking been, I need to eat a lobster...blue berries...lin seeds...take more magnesium).
6. I thought that once I made a birth plan (those of you who have had children already, don't laugh...you did it too), that would be that. I didn't think country's laws would change, parents would move, money might be an issue etc. But I also didn't realise my capability of being able to go with the flow and riding above it all. Oh, it gets me some days but...
8. My body has an amazing capability to stretch. And its a lot harder for me to watch my waist-line disappear than I thought it would be but Myrgy and I have an understanding -- I will allow he/she to co-habitate my body and do with it what he/she wishes for now but as soon as Mrygy is born, he/she begins drinking it off straight away.
9. The child likes to stay up till all hours of the night. Which is precisely why I am writing this at 11:30pm. I won't lie -- I like to feel Bub's move. It's that weird irony -- Myrgatroyd is moving when I want he/she to stop so I can sleep...if not, I'm poking around to make sure everything's ok!
10. I think the baby can tell the difference between who's hand is who's on my stomach. For example, Mryg barely misses a chance to 'play' with Daddy but as soon as someone else wants to feel, Mryg moves towards my back and just waits till the hopeful hand gives up.
Even though I'm feeling very stretched, my ankles (in this last week) have become a lot thicker, my back aches and despite the extra calcium and magnesium I'm taking I'm still having slight problems with leg cramps, I'm pretty active and eating well (anyone who knows my mother can vouch for that! There is NO junk food in this house!). Fertility Goddess? Um...maybe on a good day but seriously my mantra these days is ... baby, come out!
(Although of course, my darling, take all the time and every inch of my body you need!)






0 comments:
Post a Comment
Tell us what you think!