...a love-hate relationship. Can anyone identify? First I was in China where there were no options (a tent or a potato sack isn't a choice in my opinion). Now I'm in Australia and guess what? Nice maternity clothes are freaking expensive! And at this point my option is, clothe my baby or clothe me. And with only about 11 weeks to go, I'm leaning towards the 'clothe the baby' option. Yes, ladies, I have exhausted the op shops already (that's a thrift store for the Americans -- Google translator really needs to have an option for translating Australian English so I don't have to keep doing it) and found a few very nice things. But as we are in a very tiny town, well, it appears that any maternity clothes are snapped up as soon as they make it through the door (no doubt by the volunteers to give to their daughters' best-friend's cousin). I was discussing the afore mentioned problem with a newly pregnant lady in Target just two days ago -- she's pregnant for the second time and can't remember who she last lent her maternity clothes to and can't remember where she bought them from in the first place (placenta brain hits early on #2 I gather). Anyway, it certainly wasn't Target in Atherton. They don't have a maternity section, period.

0 comments:
Post a Comment
Tell us what you think!