My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.wokabout.net
and update your bookmarks.

July Check-in/Check-out

Friday, July 30, 2010

The end of July is approaching a lot faster than I'm ready for, I'll admit. A week ago today, we arrived in Australia and the last week has been spent getting legal, up-to-date and registered not to mention doctors visits, naturopaths and of course seeing my family. And eating certain foods that I've been deprived of for so long (like cream -- I had my fix and I'm good now).

I've lots to blog about, pictures to upload, baby to talk about but alas, the computer charger chose the flight from Singapore to Darwin to give up the ghost and of course Far North Queensland has no Mac Genius's to speak of (in case you're ever traveling through Atherton Tablelands, the local high school has Mac laptops if you need to check your power supply -- see, a useful travel hint hidden in an otherwise inconsequential post). So I'm forced to use someone else's computer. A PC none-the-less. It's been so long since I've used a PC it seems foreign and strange and I just don't know my way around it at all. No access to my photos, my inspiration...so despite all my intentions to 'better my blog' in the months leading up to the eminent birth of henceforth dubbed 'Myrgatroyd' (see note below), I will again be taking a (hopefully) short hiatus.

So here's a quick check-in/check-out to hold you over and prove to even you, that we are in fact in Australia, in the flesh:

* We are 26 weeks pregnant.

* After four days of travel, including multiple security checks, delayed flights, and begging Australian customs to let Jason keep his water bottle, we made it home for the first time in four and a half years!

* My parents will be relocating to NSW in about 4 weeks time. This means we are packing and cleaning amongst getting semi-re-established. I will be about 30 weeks when we make the more than 26 hour drive from Far North Queensland to Northern New South Wales.

* My family has this theory that if they come up a dreadful name and insist on calling my unborn child thus, I will cave into telling them the names we've chosen. They are so wrong. Trouble is, 'Myrgatroyd' is so catchy -- even we are calling the bubby Myrgy. Sad, isn't it?

* The three of us went to see a doctor for Baby's first time. Judging from the persistent attempts to kick it as hard as possible, Myrgy didn't like the doppler and I feel bad that we subjected the poor child to it.

* I have slightly better blood than Jason does.

* They say there are two types of people that live the type of life we do, those who know they have parasites and those that don't know yet. We are of the enlightened kind (meaning we're going to get Jason to put on some weight at last!).

* We've added Singapore to our list of Cities That Can Be Done In A Day.

* My sister announced her engagement and will be getting married late November.

* The new mid-wife insurance laws are squashing our chances at a homebirth and at 26 weeks, its hard to find a birth centre that's still got positions available.

***
As they say, there is no rest for um, well, not us anyway. I couldn't be more happier to be at home after all these years and due to our extra long travel period, I think we got over most of our culture shock. Hopefully I'll be back, blogging in full force, in no time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think!