From what I can work out, we're at week 12, Baby and me. 196 days to go (thanks babycenter.com for getting my hopes up). Does anyone else just want to eat lemons all the time? I think I could totally base a diet off of lemons right now. That probably has something to do with the remnants of this horrible cold I'm getting over and the fact that after a week without any nausea, its back in fuller force than before. TMI but I can't spend more than 30 minutes on a bus without wanting to puke and last night I did (although I made it home first). Dear God, please don't let me be one with nausea until the fifth month! Or...the whole 196 days I have left (give or take a few...I'm going with take)!
The Belly Diaries: How big is Baby?
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Anyway, when I was little, we used to have this little book from the Golden Book series with delightful illustrations. I can't remember if its called "How Big is Baby?" or "Baby is SO Big!" but my mum is looking for it for me (thanks Mum!) cause I thought, how cute would it be to make a baby book based around that little story (can anyone say "nesting"?). I also thought it would be fun to do weekly installments from now till Baby comes in October...from pin head to pumpkin (because it's an October baby of course!). Although I'm not real keen on carry a pumpkin around and wouldn't in the least bit mind if Baby came while still a rock melon.
So bear with me...you can puke or smile...whatever your body feels like. I cried at the beginning scene of that new Star Trek movie the other day...you know...the part where the captain's wife is giving birth and he's talking her through it on the cosmic phone thing 'cause he's not going to be there...it doesn't take much these days. Gee Baby! What have you done to your mother?!
How big is Baby? Is Baby as big as the head on a pin?
Well, at first, yes but now...
No! Baby is bigger than the head on a pin.
Then how big is Baby? Is Baby as big as a sunflower seed in Daddy's palm?
Well, at one point yes, but now...
No! Baby is bigger than a sunflower seed in Daddy's palm.
Well, what about a kidney bean? Is Baby as big as a kidney bean?
Once Baby was as big as a kidney bean...
And in the same week, Baby grew to be the size of Daddy's wedding ring...but now...
No! Baby is much bigger than a kidney bean or Daddy's wedding ring.
Then how big is baby?
Is Baby the size of a kumquat that Mummy bargains for at the market?
When Baby was 10 weeks old, Baby was the size of a kumquat that Mummy bargains for at the market. But now...
Is Baby as big as a box of matches, almost double the size of the kumquat?
Last week, Baby was as big as a box of matches, almost double the size of the kumquat.
But now...as best we can tell...its week 12...
Baby is a little smaller than a mobile phone.
Small enough to fit in one's pocket. Big enough to make us marvel. Ears...fingers...toes...just incredible.
How big is Baby? Baby is sooo big!
Posted by Rachel at 11:21 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 comments:
Post a Comment
Tell us what you think!