My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.wokabout.net
and update your bookmarks.

The Belly Diaries: How big is Baby Now?

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

We're doing fine, thank-you so much for asking. Now that I'm over the nausea (well except for that taxi ride two days ago) and the epic battle of pulling myself together emotionally everyday (knock on wood). Yes, the bubs and I are doing quite well actually.


We're 17 weeks now. We measure at 82 cm. We weigh about 51 or 2 kg. I'm guessing because I haven't weighed myself in a week -- the theory the gym has about air con and not turning it on or you won't sweat and then you'll die as opposed to the no air con so you will sweat so your body won't overheat and you won't die isn't panning out too well for me. Once I realize that my mantra during the yoga class was 'I'm not going to die...I'm not going to die...its only 40 more minutes...how could I ever survive the hot yoga class?!', I figured my gyms days could quite possibly be over. Its cooler for me to take a walk in the park in the morning and go to the pool and swim laps twice a week. Even though Chinese men in speedos are rather scary...especially with Hello Kitty on each butt cheek (Excuse me sir, would it be exceptionally rude of me to take a photo of your behind for my Wordless Wednesday post?)

16wks.JPG

16 weeks

I bought these Abercrombie and Fitch jeans from a thrift store in the States about a month before we left for China. Brand spanking new -- tags still on -- for only $2. Sure they were slightly too big (I had to adjust the buttons to make them stay up) but who can pass up an op-shop bargain like that?! Not me...its in my blood after all...at least three generations that I know of... Anyway, three months of living in China and I had to adjust the buttons for a second time...one year and they were way.too.big.

Now...both of us fit perfectly back into the original size! For some reason, I'm excited about that. Too bad its too hot to wear jeans now and I'll probably be to big for them by the time we get back to Australia...let me revel in my moment!

I look pregnant now. On a very over-crowded bus the other day, the bus driver made someone give up their seat for me. I thought I'd be at least 5 months pregnant before that happened. So I'm still not sure how I feel about that. However, I can't deny my clothes are getting too tight. I already wear the largest size when it comes to Chinese clothes and I'm not really emotionally ready to purchase those ugly Chinese maternity tents. My Chinese friend and I walked by a maternity store the other day and she said something along the lines of 'oh I guess you have to shop here now.' And then she stopped by the window to look at the clothes, turned to me and said 'please tell me you're not going to wear things like this.' So I'm in the process of 'up-cycling' my clothes. My skirts are becoming dresses/shirts. Add a belt and hey presto! I'm quite pleased with myself. Why should I purchase a tent when I can make my own?

16wks.JPG

So last week -- 16 weeks -- was the last time baby would be able to fit in a coffee cup. He/she is no longer able to hide very well in a pocket, let alone my stomach. This week, baby is the side of Daddy's hand from the tip of his point finger to base of his palm. Three more weeks and we're half way. I think we're decided on names although we're not going to tell anyone till bubs is born (in case I change my mind. There is a slight possibility that bub's will not look like either of the names we've picked out, you know.) We're both now realizing that making decisions for this baby's well being begins now -- our lives have already changed significantly. Our lifestyle, where we live, what we eat already affects our parenting choices...and it only gets bigger from here. And better. I think we're pretty excited, actually -- can't wait to meet you, Baby!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think!