I suddenly felt like Po the panda from the Disney movie 'Kung fu Panda'. You know, the only thing stopping him going to the see who would become the dragon warrior was that set of stairs...and the noodle cart his dad wanted him to take up.
Well, it was too bad I hadn't met my new friend before I had eaten my own fair share of noodle for breakfast that day (well if you count 10:30am as breakfast). It was also too bad that the weather forecast for the weekend was completely wrong and I was wearing jeans in the sweltering humidity. But ya gotta do what ya gotta do. I knew I was going to hurt in the morning.
I wished I'd thought to count how many stairs there were!
Jason doing his Jack Black/Kung Fu Panda impersonation (before Po was in Kung Fu shape).
Ah! The Dragon Warrior's sword! Well, it was someone's sword and the town is extremely proud of it...let's just say we made a few ladies quite rich with all the photos they sold with us in them in front of this monument!!! Still waiting to see some of the profits from that!

The view was totally worth it. The sleepy town of Hechi nestles between these two massive mountain ranges. I know its not on the 'must see' list but if you're even in Guangxi, I'd totally recommend popping in for a day or two. Its China from a different perspective.
0 comments:
Post a Comment
Tell us what you think!