My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.wokabout.net
and update your bookmarks.

The New Ride

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sorry there's no picture to go along with this, but I didn't think you would want to see a picture of me falling into the mud, with my bike. I was invited to go on a ride just yesterday, Saturday, and of course I said yes. So me and 5 other guys head off to find some trails. They actually take me right around the corner of our place because we have a mountain right there. We head off on some dirt trails and we're having a good time. We live in the city, but just a short 10 minute's ride away are small communities tucked away in some beautiful landscapes. I was too busy riding and following the leader to stop and take a picture. Some of the trails were rideable, others not so much. Some of the trails were the access roads to get to these small communities, other trails were pretty narrow single-track trails with rice fields on either side. So we're riding along and the narrow single-track becomes impassible, so the leader stops. I'm about the third or fourth back and when it comes time for me to stop, I can't get my foot out of my peddle. I'm used to unclipping my right foot when stopping, but this stop required my left. It just so happened that on the left side of the trail was nice little 3 ft drop into a ditch filled with water. You can see where this is going, rather, where I went. Right into the ditch. I had a blast though. I hope to continue to get out and ride the local terrain with the locals because there is no language barrier when you're riding (or falling into ditches). 


Jason

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think!