Well, I hope this entry finds you better than it does us here in the Southern part of China. We're kinda holed up sick right now. Jason is seemingly over it but its only day two for me. Its a culmination of a bug, food poisoning and body shut down (they snuck meat in my already burned spicy tofu. I thought it was just the burned tofu skin until Jason realized what it really was so we knew it was only a matter of time after that, since I'd already felt somewhat lousy...but I'm sure you wanted to know all that!). So since I've some time on my hands and no matter how many times I try I cannot pick up and knit 52 stitches across the sleeve of the same sweater (jumper for the Aussies) I've been knitting for 2 years now, I thought I'd try and find my happy thoughts and blog a little. Or maybe just post some photos.
And that's how it goes...
Friday, March 6, 2009
This is the Textile Market. Its my new favourite place to go! I am already planning my list of clothing items that I wan the tailor to make me. The only thing more fun that making clothes myself, is having someone else make it for me! And a tailor is pretty cheap too!
All the ribbons and buttons you could dream of!
And I couldn't resist this one...parents will get a kick out of this one! Its how they save so much money on disposables and potty train quickly!
Well it makes us both laugh! They dress them in little Eskimo suits with splits like this in the dead of winter too. No wonder they are potty trained by the time they are one year olds!
Our first week of lessons went fairly well. We are having issues with one of our teachers not showing up to class. She (or he) skipped out two days so we only had two classroom days of three hours each and to be perfectly honest, that was plenty for me! Hopefully next week will be a full week and we'll feel like we're getting somewhere!
Posted by Rachel at 4:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment
Tell us what you think!