My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.wokabout.net
and update your bookmarks.

So let's raise our glasses!

Friday, January 1, 2010

Cupcakes,


Let me begin by saying the obligatory "Welcome Baby New Year! Oh how I've been waiting for you to arrive..." Actually, unlike many its seems, I don't loathe the departure of 2009...this last year was a really good year. But when its all said and done, is there ever really a year people truly want to live over? No matter how good or how bad? I wonder if anyone else cries when they hear John Lennon's "So this is Christmas, And what have you done? Another year over, A new one just begun..." Seriously, it gets me every time.

Also unlike others my age and younger, I am a firm believer in resolutions. I don't wish to make any far fetched completely unattainable ones nor do I wish to beat myself up if I fall of the band wagon in three weeks...six months...almost a year later...

But I've never really written my resolutions down, partly because once its written on paper (or on a blog as it so happens) it seems much more condemning if I 'mess up' but since I believe in resolutions, in people trying again to live happier, healthier lives, I'm going to step out on a limb and jot down a few notes on things I'm going to 'try' to improve on...

*I want to take better photos -- more photos -- and discover my 'artistic niche'.

*I want to do better at my Chinese and implement better studying practices (although if I'm not coping with my resolutions, this will be the first to go...ha).

*I want to get back to my 'environmentally friendly' roots. By June, I want to be able to say that once again, I clean my house without chemicals and eat mostly organic food -- fresh and locally grown.

*Along with that, I want to implement more food fermentation in our diet and up our doses of fruits and veg.

*I'd like to have a garden although I'm not sure we'll have our own apartment for a little while yet for me to be able to do that.

*I want to see "more" of China.

*I want to become a more sanctified version of myself. I want my personality to become sweeter with another year...at this point in my life, I realize I need to work for that.

*I want to save the world. This one is on my list every year.

So dears, I'll stop there -- there's a few other "things" that I want to add but can't because of the country I live in but perhaps something that we all hope to accomplish by telling others our New Year Resolutions is the type of accountability that can only be found in true companionship. Its a fresh slate, a fresh start...we're humans so we need a little push, some encouragement, to get up and keep going. To try again. Its ok, I think we should embrace ourselves, recognize we're not made for this world and do whatever it is we can -- whatever it is that we are called to do -- with all our hearts and keep going strong. What's that saying? Dance like no one is watching???



Rachel -- 1st of January, 2010 (Where's my Back to the Future flying car is what I want to know...)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think!