My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.wokabout.net
and update your bookmarks.

Applications for the League of Extraordinary Gastronomes are now being considered

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

When God told Adam, you can name every seed bearing plant and animal etc, etc, I wonder did God ever make something that caused Adam to completely draw a blank?


I've seen some weird food in my time but I think this one has to take the cake.


Could they be antlers?
Or tusks?
Or demon horns?

Well, it's vegetable matter to be sure. You break it open like this...um...with your hands like it just snaps in two...well, the lady who was selling them from her cart by the side of the road did it...and she was like 80 something and probably had carpel tunnel and still could do it...no I don't need the mallet...ok where's the mallet again? And then it just pops out...well...it would've popped out if it wasn't completely smashed to smithereens I suppose...

Inside is something akin to a chestnut although, in my opinion, doesn't taste as good. Sort of lacking in the flavour department really. I wish I could remember the Chinese name because I am dying to know what it translates to in English!


I think I would call it Devil's Nuts or something along those lines. Any suggestions? Wouldn't this be great to give the kids who come trick-or-treating next Halloween? Healthy too...I'll send you some!

Rachel & the League of Extraordinary Gastronomes -- 17th of November, 2009

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think!