My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.wokabout.net
and update your bookmarks.

Wǒ xǐhūan yóu yǒng!

Friday, July 17, 2009

Swimming. Across the cultures, sun or no sun, like a tan or don't like a tan -- there's nothing like going for a dip in the pool when the weather is a whopping 35 C with 70 something % humidity. And Chinese children are no exception. So wether it's the mummies playgroup or the orphanage I volunteer at several times a week, you can be sure a fun time is always to be had by all. So bring on the summer holidays! Bring on the pool, the sunscreen, the ghastly swimming caps and the never ending trips to the toilet (I tell you, the kids drink half the pool and then pee it all out again). All the screaming, chinese babies telling you "Wǒ xǐhūan yóu yǒng!", and sore arms from multiple children hanging from you. But then...ahh...the silence. The silence that comes from exhaustion after so many hours of yóu yǒng (swimming). Golden.


And I know its not very Chinese of me, but my tan isn't looking too darn bad either!

So here's a few pictures of our 'xiǎo péngyǒus' (little friends) that we took to the pool.


I know, the floaty around the neck thing looks weird but he seems to like it. You should see his little legs kick! And Chinese toddlers talking about swimming are the most adorable things on earth!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think!